Butterfly tattoos tend to be increasing in popularity constantly, and they are one of the styles most commonly requested by women. And it’s really not surprising. Butterflies are gorgeous to look at, and also these types of designs hold a rich symbolism due to the brief yet amazing life of these creatures. And due to the huge selection of colors and kinds of butterflies available, there’s no reason why your tattoo really should not be completely unique to you.
There are almost 25,000 different types of butterflies and they range in size from an eighth of an inch up to and including a huge 12 inches in diameter. And then, of course there’s the color to take into account. A lot of butterflies display the most amazing selection of brilliant and vibrant colors you can possibly imagine, which makes for beautiful butterfly tattoos.
It is the fact that a caterpillar will convert right into a graceful and marvelous butterfly that influenced the mythological Greek character named Psych who possessed the wings of a butterfly. Psych is the Greek word for both butterfly and the soul, hence the strong symbolic meaning of the butterfly tattoo. Many ancient people considered that the amazing transformation of the butterfly was just like the soul’s voyage from an earthly body to a spiritual body.
However, regardless of this long string of changes, the final part of their lifetime (as an adult butterfly once it emerges from the pupa state) usually lasts only two weeks. This short yet colorful contribution to life continues to be taken to represent the fragile nature of human existence. Perhaps that is a part of the attractiveness of butterfly tattoos.
However, because of the vast number of choices offered it is usually extremely difficult to locate the appropriate butterfly tattoo design. It has been said that finding the right design is as much an art by itself as the actual creation involving the tattoo. So here are some things to bear in mind when you are evaluating your butterfly tattoo design.
1) Start by working out why you would like this particular tattoo. What would you like the tattoo to signify? This information will help to influence and shape the look of the tattoo when selecting a final design.
2) Figure out what sort of butterfly design you want. What type of butterfly? Just what colors? What size? What style? Exactly where will it be found on your body? After you have a rough idea of what you want, you’ll find it much easier to limit your choices.
3) Begin looking through tattoo designs and choose a couple that you like best. At this point it’s not necessary to like the whole design. Simply take a note of every one of the designs that includes an element or even a style which you like. These designs will all play a role in selecting the final tattoo design.
4) If you cannot find a design and style that’s precisely what you would like, try tracing some of the designs you have collected with each other in to one design to produce the right butterfly tattoo design to suit your needs.
Last but not least, never proceed with your butterfly tattoo until you are completely 100% certain that you have found the appropriate design, because it is going to be with you forever.
Incoming search terms:
- designs of mehndi
- butterflies mehndi design